I've been making playlists on my iTunes as I go along, and tend to jump back and forth between my favs. But this is the list of tunes I've been listening to most while at work on the first half of this sequel to Witchstruck.
It strikes me that some of these tracks feel quite cheery. Which is odd, given how dark this book is. But maybe I've been listening to them with an intense frown on my face.
Current favs (tracks that get repeat listens about 50 times a chapter) would include Like A Boy, Titanium, Lego House, Somebody That I Used To Know, Alejandro, Dancing Girls. As for LMFAO's Party Rock Anthem, I'm embarrassed to see the plays are up in the multiple hundreds. ("Every day I'm shufflin'.") There are heaps of others I could have listed, but I had to draw the line somewhere ...
So, in no particular order, and bearing in mind that I tend to watch the music videos that accompany many of these while writing (split-screen: Word doc and iTunes) rather than just listening, here they are:
- Lullaby - Shawn Mullins
- Like A Boy - Ciara
- Titanium - David Guetta & Sia
- You Do Something To Me - Paul Weller
- Picasso Visita el Planeta de los Simios - Adam & the Ants
- Halo - Beyoncé
- Love Sex Magic - Ciara feat. Justin Timberlake
- Lego House - Ed Sheeran
- Somebody That I Used to Know - Gotye
- Hyperactive! - Thomas Colby
- Through The Fire - Buffy soundtrack, 'Once More With Feeling' episode
- Party Rock Anthem - LMFAO
- Alejandro - Lady Gaga
- Ridin' Solo - Jason Derulo
- Fight For This Love - Cheryl Cole
- Born To Die - Lana Del Rey
- Not The Girl You Think You Are - Crowded House
- Dancing Girls - Nik Kershaw
- Louder - DJ Fresh